Thursday, April 15, 2010

Selling Tip #1

Selling Tip #1:

Sell what you know.
When I first started selling on eBay, I thought that antiques and stuff like that was the way to go, and I know that some of that stuff it worth a bunch, the problem was... I knew nothing about what was worth what. I couldn't (and still can't, except for a few items like Wee Forest Folk Mice) look at a shelf or table of figurines, dishes and what-not and pick out the ones that are worth selling on eBay. So I bought stuff and lost money on things that never sold. Either they weren't worth any thing or maybe I just didn't know what I was doing... the brand and the right keywords and stuff. Either way, I did horribly.
Then I got into women's and men's clothing and learned what brands sell well and that's when I started making decent money.
So, if you have knowledge in a certain category, you probably would do well selling that.

No comments:

Post a Comment